UA-128298582-1

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Week #1: My Reasons for Choosing a New Blog Template




There were several key reasons that I had for choosing the third selection of the Awesome Inc. theme as the official theme for my blog.  Although it may seem rather puzzling that anyone can come up with abstract reasons for choosing a particular blog theme, I have done so for the purpose of this assignment.

My blog theme is adorned with several sunny colors that transition from one color to another quite subtly, including light yellow, pale orange, orange, vermillion, and pale pink. These sunny, energetic colors represent a high degree of energy that can be derived from social exchanges between groups and individual users on social media. Ideally, the exchange of ideas should facilitate more effective communication and diplomacy instead of contention, and as a social media user, I would want to encourage positive communication on whatever social media platforms that I use instead of negative communication. Basically, the color coordination featured on my blog also represents sunniness and the hope that visitors to my blog will also enjoy reading my posts.

The multi-colored swirls and curls that decorate my blog home page are also symbolic of my general approach to viewing and using social media. The swirls, some of which are layered on top of each by connected stems, may remind viewers of plant stems. Since plant stems are what hold up the “flowers “ of communication, it can be said that these swirls represent the roots where the ideas for blog posts first begin. From this line of thinking, it can also be said that as a blog post in progress becomes progressively longer the stems of curls become longer, too. These swirls also symbolize the concept that ideas can grow and spread quickly among people as long as more and more people visit my blog page.

In essence, my blog page is abstractly symbolic of some major life forces and concepts organically found in nature, including the sun (whose energy allows living things on Earth to continue to exist), swirly leaves  (which symbolize the responses left by viewers in response to blog posts), and the background colors, which seem reminiscent of a sunrise (which represents the emergence of new posts on my blog). At any rate, I hope that everyone who views this blog will enjoy its contents.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog entry! I can’t wait to have you back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Kathryn! I love the theme that you chose for your blog, when I first clicked on it and saw the layout I feel like it put me in a better mood because of all of the bright and warm colors used. I loved your explanation and how much thought you put into your response. I am really looking forward to reading some of your work throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katheryn! We took an online class together recently and I was so excited to see you here in Social Media for Business! When I read that our assignment was to read and comment on each others blogs I knew I wanted to check out your blog because I know that you are a fantastic writer. I really enjoy your design choice for this assignment. The colors are bright and almost pop out of the screen. It gives and immediate energy boost and makes it almost impossible not to smile. For me, the curls throughout this design make me think of the flow of thought before any words are written. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathryn! I really love swirls, I just decorated my crafting machine with the same design! I love the "sunny colors" as you put it, I enjoy brightness and like how your approach to designing your blog connects to nature. Energy is so important, and I am excited to see how you have conveyed that through future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn!

    I LOVE how vibrant your page is. I think it shows a ton of personality. I like the specks of green in there also. You gave a lot of thought in setting up your blog together and I am excited to read your posts this semester! Good luck.

    -Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete