UA-128298582-1

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Week 13, Part B Post



There are certain types of ads on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram that Codex Alexandria could use to garner more attention and attract more potential customers. With regard to Twitter ads, I would only post new Codex Alexandria ads once every month to remind people that Codex Alexandria exists and offers great products, but I would notice more frequently than within that same period of time because I would not want the company too appear too aggressive about pushing its products because this pushy aggressive might actually disgust customers and turn them off from wanting to buy Codex Alexandria products. I would specifically uses gallery card ads, website card ads, and product card ads to drive curious customers to the Codex Alexandria website to learn about the computer’s history, mission, products, and current sales specials. If I were to use advertising to attract potential customers on Instagram, though, I would post new advertisements there every two weeks because of the very nature of Instagram itself. Whenever people visit Instagram, they go there for the purpose of clicking on and looking at lots of images of depicting ideas or advertisements for products that they may not even have known existed, so my guess is that many people who visit Instagram would be more comfortable with seeing more frequent, bimonthly advertisements by a company like Codex Alexandria because many users visit Instagram to become more acquainted with things that they had not known about before, anyway. Meanwhile, I would also post new Codex Alexandria banner ads on Facebook every two weeks in order to catch Facebook users’ attention with fun, colorful image advertising and then have the promises of Codex Alexandria software remain their mind after they click on these banner ads to discover more about the company and its products. I would not post Facebook banner ads more frequently than that, though, because I understand that the majority of people primarily visit Facebook for the express purpose of chatting with their friends and family first, not seek out businesses that will heavily market ads and products to them on Facebook.

Additionally, there are several other types of advertising that Codex Alexandria can use to promote its products. For example, I would use advertising to create a sense of urgency by using ads that limited-time sales/deals that are only available for a certain amount of time before they return to the regular price. This advertising would appear once a month in order give customers the idea that Codex Alexandria has educational software sales fairly regularly, but often enough to give customers the impression that company is overly desperate and practically coercing customers to buy its software at lower prices than the software would ordinarily be worth in the retail market. Since I believe that offering deals on normally expensive software would be excellent way of extracting more customers (especially during economic hard times when many people might not have as much money to spend on non-essential products, I would spend around $100.00 on this type of advertising. Another advertising tactic that would serve me well would be for me identify and target my audience so I would not needlessly waste money marketing Codex Alexandria educational software to people who fall outside of the demographic groups that would be interested in it. This method would essentially help me focus on targeting K-12 public school students, homeschoolers, and parents who are raising children in this wide age range. I would use this advertising method once a month, and spend approximately $75.00 every month that I used this technique if I were a small business owner.

If Codex Alexandria were to grow to become a large company like Rosetta Stone, I could also see how incorporating user-generated content-post pictures of real student customers enjoying Codex Alexandria software might also generate its interest from potential customers and persuade them to click on advertisements that feature these user-generated pictures. For example, the pictures could feature students doing things like smiling and  giving “thumbs up” signs of approval next to empty Codex Alexandria software containers while using their computers. Because most Codex Alexandria customers would probably realistically have no interest in mailing in photographs of themselves (or their children) enjoying the educational software, it would best to only use this type of advertising once or twice every six months, and not to spend more than $50.00 on this type of adverting during this period of time. Although it would be wonderful to show real customers enjoying Codex Alexandria, many customers who gaze upon these photos might come to the conclusion that they were staged and created using hired actors, so this particular advertising move might be rendered pointless. Meanwhile, I might also rely on the advertising tactic of using images that resonate with my audience. These images would be those that pictorially depict situations where students met their academic goals through using Codex Alexandria software, like one example image advertisement that shows a smiling student in graduation cap and gown graduating from college. With this type of image advertising, I would attempt to use it at least once a week because I think that people tend to be more motivated to buy things (especially expensive items like software that involve a significant amount of time that people need to devote to using them) if they are constantly reminded of the rewards of using these products. Since I would use this type of advertising quite often, I would devote approximately $150.00 on these ads per week. Finally, the last type of advertising that I could imagine Codex Alexandria using effectively would be the tactic of making attractive offers to customers. This would essentially mean creating and projecting ads that offer sales/deals on Codex Alexandria, especially deals that are anywhere from 25% to 50% off. Since these deals would offer quite a bit off the original prices of the advertised software, I would offer these attractive deals every three to four months so that customers do not spend paying attention to Codex Alexandria and or take for granted that they may have missed Codex Alexandria sales where they could have saved a lot of money on new educational software. Since I would not be advertising these attractive offers as often as I would be using the other advertising strategies that I listed, I would probably not spend any more than $50.00 on sales offers every three to four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment