UA-128298582-1

Friday, November 16, 2018

Week 12, Part A Post


 I’m sorry that my posts for Week 12 are late, but I am currently trying to catch up with completing all of the work for this class that has been assigned so far.  I can think of at least two key online marketing tools that could contribute to the growth of Codex Alexandria, my fictional educational software company, and its reputation. I myself have a LinkedIn profile, so I am already aware of how this social networking site works, and I think that Codex Alexandria could benefit from having a company profile on LinkedIn. For one thing, a company profile on LinkedIn would perhaps make it easier to recruit prospective Codex Alexandria employees, especially job seekers that have experience with teaching, software engineering, computer engineering, or just the IT field in general. Since some job seekers have been known to successfully use LinkedIn to post their resumes and score interviews for companies that they want to work for, I think that Codex Alexandria would benefit from hiring employees that could produce better products if the company uses LinkedIn as a platform for recruiting new employees. In addition, Codex Alexandria could also benefit from connecting with other companies that produce software or educational materials, especially with companies that are more well-known and have hundreds (or thousands) of connections. It would be advantageous for Codex Alexandria to attempt to make connections with human resource managers, CEOs, CTOs, and others who occupy prominent places in these companies.

In addition, Codex Alexandria might benefit from having a profile on Google +. In this case, I would not strive to connect with other companies on Google+ because Google+ is more of a social space that is dedicated to interacting with individual people, who post responses to whatever these companies (and other online users) post. In order to do this, I would create a company profile for Codex Alexandria, and then respond to some posts already written by other educational companies (which already have followers).  By doing this, I could perhaps interest curious individual users in checking out Codex Alexandria’s profile and posts, which might lead to them making the decision to follow Codex Alexandria’s profile. My company’s posts could be light-hearted and fun, and not driven by any decisions to directly market Codex Alexandria products to people by promising them discounts or lists of reasons why they should buy Codex Alexandria products. Part of my marketing strategy is to cultivate positive feelings toward Codex Alexandria by interacting with Internet users in a fun, accessible way, which I believe would increase the likelihood of people buying Codex Alexandria software.

No comments:

Post a Comment