UA-128298582-1

Friday, October 26, 2018

Week 9, Part B Blog Post




I found five users on Twitter that I believe could benefit Codex Alexandria. Codex Alexandria’s Twitter page is located at https://twitter.com/AlexandriaCodex.
1. The SAT Program (https://twitter.com/OfficialSAT)- I found this user after searching for Khan Academy, and then noticing that Khan Academy recently retweeted a post by The SAT Program.
2.Salman Khan (https://twitter.com/salkhanacademy)- I found this user, the CEO of Khan Academy, after I noticed that he was mentioned under the “People” section of Khan Academy’s Twitter page.
3.EdAlive (https://twitter.com/EdAlive)-This is an Australian company that produces educational software to teach various academic subjects to children and teenagers. I discovered EdAlive by typing in the term “educational software” and scrolling through some the Twitter page results that I obtained after I typed in this term. When I noticed the one the tweets categorized EdAlive as an educational software company, I checked out the company’s Twitter page and decided that it could be a good business partner and ally for Codex Alexandria.
4. EdAlive USA (https://twitter.com/EdAliveUSA) - When I looked at the followers on EdAlive’s page under the category “following”, I discovered EdAlive, the US branch of EdAlive. The US division of this company is located in San Francisco, California. EdAlive USA publishes educational computer games and software for children in grades K-8.
5. Primaryedutech (https://twitter.com/primaryedutech) - I discovered Primamryedutech, an online resource company that specializes in making educational resources more available to elementary school/primary school teachers. It is based in Adelaide, Australia, and I discovered the company after scanning the EdAlive’s Twitter feed. 

With regard to searching for new possible Twitter connections, I basically used two methods for finding 5 new connections. With the first method, I simply went to Khan Academy’s Twitter page and scrolled through it in order to find a few new connections. Khan Academy is fairly well-known online learning company and I had already heard of the them in the past, so I figured that they would probably have at least a few followers or connections that I could benefit from. Luckily, this hunch turned to be corrected. My second method of discovering new business connections was to use the search bar at the top of Twitter to search for the phrase “educational software.” When I looked the top search results for “educational software”, I scrolled through the page, and discovered a retweeted post by EdAlive, and after reading the company’s description of itself as an educational software company, and checking out the company’s Twitter page, I decided to check out EdAlive’s Twitter page and follow them. From that point, I discovered EdAlive USA and Primaredutech from examining Ed Alive’s follower list and scrolling through Ed Alive’s Twitter feed.

For whatever reason, Twitter did not allow me to create any lists, even though I did attempt to. However, my plan was to create 2 distinct list: one for digitally-oriented education companies, and one list for individuals associated with the online learning industry. Creating these lists makes it easier for me to potentially find more companies to add to my educational companies list, and I hope that creating a list for individuals (like CEOs, journalists, etc.) will also give Codex Alexandria an potential advantage for meeting with or interviewing these people someday to see how they became successful with their businesses. My guess is that the majority of potential customers would see my tweets any time between 12:00 pm in the afternoon to 5:00 pm in the evening (Pacific Standard Time). This is my belief because Codex Alexandria is supposed to be a small company with headquarters in San Diego, California, and therefore the majority of potential customers would be located in the United States, and Canada, particularly within Pacific Standard Time regions. It is difficult to estimate when the greatest amount of people would see my tweets because Codex Alexandria is an unknown, small entity, and very few people would discover it unless they somehow manage to find the Codex Alexandria Twitter page after clicking around and finding Codex Alexandria listed in the followers’ lists of other (more well-established) learning companies.


No comments:

Post a Comment